In addition to a healthy diet and exercise, a good skincare routine can help you achieve glowing skin. But did you know you can also transform your appearance by giving yourself a quick 5-minute facial yoga massage?
The facial yoga exercises drain water retention, increase blood circulation, and give you glowing skin. By practicing facial yoga, you can improve the tone and texture of your skin and promote a more youthful appearance. When done correctly, it’s possible to reduce wrinkles, tighten sagging skin, smooth out fine lines, and even open up smaller facial features.
Working your facial muscles will tone your skin and lift it. What’s even better? At home or even at your desk, you can give yourself a mini facial massage.
Are you wondering how to get started? Here are some easy and effective face yoga exercises you can do for rejuvenated, glowing skin.
What is Facial Yoga?
Similar to body yoga, facial yoga consists of specific movements, stretches, and poses designed to make the skin look younger and healthier. Repeated contractions, stimulate blood circulation in the face, firm muscles, and reduce tension in facial muscles. In addition to helping with stress reduction, it can also improve your health.
How Does It Work?
As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and collagen, causing wrinkles and fine lines. As a result of facial yoga exercises, wrinkles are reduced and the skin is tightened. Your facial muscles will be strengthened and stretched during facial yoga exercises for glowing skin. The surface of stronger muscles appears tighter and shows fewer signs of aging. Additionally, facial yoga can re-contour your face and reduce puffiness and dark circles.
Benefits of Facial Yoga.
While facial yoga does not have some of the same health benefits associated with body yoga, it does reduce tension and also helps to create a more youthful-looking appearance. Facial yoga works by increasing blood flow to the facial muscles, which can help with toning and tightening them.
Regular practice of facial yoga exercises can also help reduce wrinkles, minimize fine lines and crow’s feet, increase collagen production, improve skin elasticity and firmness, and also enhance facial contours.
Facial Yoga for Glowing Skin: 5 Poses You Should Try
Let’s take a look at five effective facial yoga exercises that can help you achieve glowing skin now that we have your attention. Keep your skin soft and supple by gently massaging it with a serum, facial oil or moisturizer before you begin.
Facial Yoga Exercise #1: Fish Pose
Put your lips together to resemble a fish face while sucking in your cheeks. In the same pose, try your hardest to smile. Relax other parts of your face, such as your eyes, as you do so. While doing this pose, make sure no lines are created around the crow’s feet region. You should repeat it four times a day.
Facial Yoga Exercise #2: Face Tapping
You should apply moisturizer to your face. Using your fingertips, tap all over your face, starting with your forehead and moving towards your cheeks, collarbone, nose, chin, and neck. Spend 20-30 seconds doing it. Every day, repeat this process.
Facial Yoga Exercise #3: Utter an ‘O’
Sit straight and relax while performing this facial yoga exercise. Stretch your lips to form an ‘O’ shape while widening your eyes. You should hold this for 15-30 seconds. Make sure you repeat it three times. In addition to preventing fine lines, it also improves blood circulation. By improving blood circulation, oxygen reaches every part of your body, giving your skin a healthy glow.
Facial Yoga Exercise #4: Pout and smile
For years, we have done this facial yoga exercise during photo sessions, mostly pouting. Here’s how to achieve glowing skin by doing it correctly. Make a pout by bringing your lips together. Then hold the pout for a second and Accordingly smile wide as hard as you can in the same pose. Now, to get the best results, the key is to do this exercise as fast as you can. Make sure to repeat it at least 10-20 times every single day to get the desired results.
Facial Yoga Exercise #5: Puffer Fish
To start this puffer fish facial yoga, fill your mouth with air naturally to make it appear like a filled balloon. Then, keep any finger on your lips to prevent the air from escaping the mouth and simultaneously widen both of your eyes. Now, try to move the air within your mouth from left to right but be careful not to push it out. Hold this position for a few seconds and then relax. Repeat this exercise for 2-3 times daily to get the desired results.
Caution: Make sure to consult your doctor or professional before doing these facial yoga exercises if you have active acne, eczema, psoriasis or had a recent bout of facial injury or surgery.
Top Facial Exercise Techniques to Try.
There are many different exercises which you can do as part of your facial yoga routine. Try the foraging or cheek-raising technique, The Neck Nod exercise, or even the Lip Pump. All these techniques focus on different areas of the face and help to revitalize and tone your skin.
Working from the inside out, facial yoga will also practice deep breathing exercises which help to calm your mind, ultimately providing a more balanced inner state of being.
A Few More Advanced Benefits of Facial Yoga.
The advanced benefits of facial yoga go beyond just a more youthful appearance. Facial yoga helps to reduce stress, balance emotions, and improve circulation. With regular practice, you’ll begin to look more refreshed and energetic.
It can even help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin. All these benefits add up to a healthier-looking complexion – a wonderful way to boost your overall well-being!
Tips for Implementing Facial Exercises into your Routine.
Implementing facial exercises into your daily routine is easier than you think!
- Start small and try different techniques until you find something that works for you.
- Begin by washing your face with a gentle cleanser and applying a lightweight moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
- Once a day, complete at least five to ten of your chosen facial yoga poses using light pressure.
- Remember to take deep breaths throughout and give yourself time to relax after each pose.
Facial Yoga Tools
- RAS Luxury Oils Jade Gua Sha, Buy Here
- Majestique Jade Face Roller & Massager, Buy Here
- House Of Beauty Face Lift Pro Kit (anti-Aging), Buy Here
- House Of Beauty 24k Face Massager, Buy Here
Facial Yoga FAQs
face for yoga/ facial yoga exercise/ facial yoga exercises/ facial yoga before and after
Source: Fit Tak
facial yoga for double chin/ facial yoga double chin/ facial yoga method
Source: Face Yoga Expert
facial yoga for jowls/ facial yoga jowls
Source: Face Yoga Expert
facial yoga YouTube
Source: Face Yoga Expert
facial yoga for neck/ facial yoga neck
Source: Face Yoga Expert
facial yoga reviews/ face yoga reviews
Please refer to this guide, here: I tried face yoga exercises to fight aging, and here’s what I found
facial yoga shark tank/ face yoga shark tank
Watch Here: Kevin Finds “The Fountain Of Youth” Through Face Yoga With KOKO | Shark Tank US | Shark Tank Global
face yoga app/ facial yoga app
Install Here: Face Exercises & Yoga Facial
About App: Create a slimmer and younger face by relaxing and toning your facial muscles! You will look younger if you do facial yoga!
free facial yoga exercises/ face yoga jawline/ facial yoga jawline/ face yoga results/ facial yoga results/ facial yoga expert/ facial yoga koko/ free facial yoga
Source: Beauty Beyond 40
How Often Should You Do Facial Yoga to See Visible Results?
You should practice face yoga at least once a day to see visible results. It is also possible to make a routine to do facial exercises for about 20 minutes three to five times a week if you do not already do them.
How Long Does Face Yoga Take to Work?
It will take two to three weeks for your skin to feel tighter and softer if you follow these exercises consistently.
Can face yoga work? / do facial yoga work/does facial yoga really work? / does facial yoga work
According to some experts, facial exercises can counteract visible signs of aging. To achieve smoother, brighter skin, they may retrain weak facial muscles and improve blood flow. The effectiveness of facial exercises has yet to be proven, according to other researchers.
How long does facial yoga take to work?
According to a study conducted at Northwestern University in 2018, 20 weeks of daily facial exercises did yield firmer skin and fuller cheeks. For the first 8 weeks, participants exercised 30 minutes a day; thereafter, they exercised every other day.
Does face yoga get rid of a double chin?
By practicing face yoga, you can tone and define your chin. Spot reduction or losing fat only on the face, however, can be challenging since you must also eat a healthy diet and exercise in general to lose weight.
What is face yoga good for?
Face yoga techniques can be used to treat specific concerns such as forehead lines, frown lines, and crow’s feet. Acupressure techniques are also used in face yoga to reduce stress, prevent headaches, relieve sinus pressure, and even improve sleep quality.
Face for yoga/ facial yoga exercises/ facial yoga exercise
1. Forehead Smoother
This exercise helps reduce wrinkles from your forehead by targeting the muscles.
- Start by placing your index fingers on both sides of your eyebrows and using your fingertips, press the skin lightly inward towards your face.
- Then, smile widely and try to move your eyebrows around as you do it.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds before releasing and repeat 3 times.
2. Cheek Pulls
This facial yoga exercise can help give you a more defined cheekbone look without any makeup or surgery.
- To start, gently pull your cheeks up with your hands until they feel taught, while still being comfortable.
- Once there, move the sternum over to the top of each cheek in a circular motion and hold for 15-30 seconds before releasing.
- Do this 3-5 times per day depending on how much contouring you’re looking for.
3. Fish Face
The fish face is one of the most popular facial yoga exercises due to its effectiveness when it comes to reducing puffiness in the face or under the eyes areas.
- To begin this exercise, start by stretching out your lips as far back as possible, forming a puckered “fish face”.
- Hold this expression for at least 5 seconds before releasing and repeating it 10 times a day for the best results.
4. Jawline Tightener
If sagging jowls have become an issue for you then this facial yoga exercise is just what you need.
- To begin, open up your mouth wide enough that you can feel the tension all around the jawline area then place two fingers on either side of the chin area and push down lightly toward your neck area while also making sure not to create any wrinkles along with it.
- Do this 10 times twice daily for best results.
5. Lip Cushion
If eliminating wrinkles from around your mouth area has been a challenge for years then lip cushioning could be the answer.
- To perform this facial yoga exercise simply take both of both index fingers to press onto different areas along the lip line while slowly massaging outward in circular motions and increasing pressure as needed depending on which wrinkle you’re targeting or trying to eliminate.
- Do this once or twice daily after washing any makeup off beforehand if applicable.
6. The Brow Smoother
Fighting off sagging skin underneath those beautiful brows? This may be just what you need.
- Take two index fingers of one hand and place them above each brow bone – so about one inch apart.
- Then press gently inwards and upwards against the skin with light pressure only until desired tightness is felt (no wrinkles).
- Repeat 10 times twice daily to see the desired result within weeks.
7: The O Shape Maker
This facial yoga move will work some magic when it comes to reducing lines around the upper lip area while also enhancing jaw definition all in one exercise.
- Begin by carefully putting one finger at a surface level along the cheeks between brows and outside corners of eyes while simultaneously pressing down slightly into temples – how deeply depends entirely on individual preference here.
- Then shape lips into an O formation like making an “ooo” sound try holding that expression for 5-10 seconds at a time and repeat 4 more rounds throughout the day if desired.
Facial yoga exercises pdf
Face yoga glowing skin/ facial yoga for glowing skin/ facial yoga exercises for glowing skin
Do you want glowing, youthful-looking skin without buying expensive creams and treatments? Consider facial yoga! Facial yoga is an easy and natural way to firm, sculpt, and brighten your complexion while helping reduce stress.
Read on to learn more about this incredibly effective method of skin care and discover how it can help you achieve beautiful radiant skin.
Follow these steps to learn the basics.
To get started with facial yoga, first assess your facial muscles and note any areas with increased tension.
- Begin by stretching your jaw and cheeks in a circular motion.
- For your eyes, gently press the tips of your index fingers around the inner corners of each eye to soften fine lines and firm crow’s feet.
- Finally, use gentle pressure on your forehead while simultaneously lifting your brows to smooth out wrinkles.
Make Your Brows Pop with Lion’s Breath.
A popular exercise known as “lion’s breath” can be used to further open up your forehead and rejuvenate your brows.
- Close your eyes and press the palms of your hands towards each other with your thumb fingers lightly cupping in and around the brow area.
- Take a deep inhale through your nose and then exhale deeply, making a soft roaring sound.
- Release all tension & focus on opening up the area within the area you are pressing.
- Repeat this action several times until you feel relaxed.
Get Rosy Cheeks with Technicolor Blooms.
To get glowing, rosy cheeks with just a few simple exercises, try the “Technicolor Blooms” facial exercise.
- Start by pressing your thumbs into the apples of your cheeks and releasing them repeatedly 8 times.
- Then smile big while touching the apple of your cheek with your index fingers and repeat 8 more times.
- Finally, pull up firmly on the corner of your eyes with two fingers and repeat 8 more times.
Not only will this help to plump up your cheeks, but it also helps to reduce any excess puffiness in the area.
Reduce Puffiness with Dove-Style Face Massage and Gua Sha Techniques.
- To reduce puffiness and tightness around the face, try applying soothing face massage techniques with a gua sha tool or flat-ended massage brush.
- Start by applying gentle pressure in smooth circular motions around the eye area.
- Then move the gua sha tool from the center of your forehead outward towards the temple and repeat this several times.
This technique helps to drain excess fluids from puffy eyes so you can look your best!
Smooth Out Wrinkles with Five Fingers Corner Smile and Dimple.
To reduce fine lines and wrinkles, start with a Five Fingers Corner Smile.
- First, begin by dragging your middle finger and index finger gently up along the sides of your nose.
- With your face in a smiling expression, lift the side corners of your mouth using your index finger and thumb while keeping the smile steady.
- Finish off this exercise by dimpling the center of your chin with both thumbs.
With these simple exercises, you can achieve smooth, radiant skin!
Facial yoga double chin/ facial yoga for double chin/ Facial Yoga Tips for Reducing Double Chin
Double chin is a common issue many people face, but you don’t have to resort to costly surgery to get rid of it. Facial yoga can be an easy and effective way to reduce double chin with no downtime or recovery period. Learn how specific facial exercises can help improve your jawline in this section.
- Start the routine by stretching your neck.
- Sit straight on a chair and bring your chin to your chest without putting pressure on your neck muscles.
- Once in place, tilt your head to the left and hold it in place for 10-15 seconds.
- Relax and repeat with the right side.
- Do 3-4 sets of this stretch every day.
Lower Lip Push.
This facial yoga exercise will help tone and tighten the skin around your chin area effectively.
- Start with your mouth slightly open.
- Place four fingers (excluding the thumb) of your left hand below your lower lip, and make sure to completely cover your chin part to get better results.
- Gently push the skin downwards and upwards 10 times with the help of your fingers.
- Repeat the same with the right hand.
- Do 3-4 sets of this stretch every day for visible results.
The Cheek Pull is a way to work the entire jawline and the area under the chin.
- Start by placing both of your index fingers firmly on the corners of your mouth, with your thumbs positioned underneath your chin.
- Stretch out your mouth sideways, trying as far as possible in both directions (like when you’re doing a big grin).
- Hold for 5 seconds each time before relaxing.
- Repeat 10 times for best results.
Jaw Jutting Exercise
Jaw jutting is an exercise to help define the area under your chin.
- Place one hand underneath your chin and the other supporting your head from behind.
- Apply gentle pressure with the base of your palm towards the neck trying as hard as you can touch your chin with the bottom of your neck.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds before slowly releasing.
- Repeat this 10-12 times for best results.
Shoulder Rolls Exercise
Shoulder rolls are an easy facial yoga exercise for reducing double chin.
- Sit straight up or stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms relaxed to your sides.
- Start by rotating your shoulders backwards in circles, and then switch in the opposite direction.
- Keep the movement slow, controlled and concentrate on engaging the muscles of the neck and jaw.
- Aim to do at least 10 rotations for each circle for maximum results.
Facial yoga benefits/ benefits of facial yoga
- Facial yoga offers a multitude of health benefits, such as improved facial muscle tone, fewer wrinkles and fine lines, enhanced skin tone, stronger jawline and neck muscles, better circulation in the face, and reduction of headaches.
- Additionally, facial yoga encourages natural collagen production in the skin which helps to add elasticity and reduce sagging.
- All these combined results in a more youthful-looking appearance while also minimizing signs of aging.
Facial yoga anti-aging/ facial yoga for wrinkles/ facial yoga wrinkles
Looking for a natural and non-invasive way to turn back time? Give facial yoga a try! With just five simple exercises, you can say goodbye to wrinkles and sagging skin, and give your face a more youthful and refreshed look.
Chin Lifts and Tucks
One of the key areas that can show signs of aging is the chin.
- To help tighten and tone your chin muscles, place your hands on either side of your face and lift your head as if pulling it up towards the ceiling.
- Then, tuck your chin back in to feel a stretch in the lower jaw area.
- Repeat this exercise several times to target those extra chin wrinkles.
Fight those crows’ feet and wrinkles with this simple but effective facial yoga exercise— cheek puffing.
- To do this, close your mouth slightly and make the gesture that you’re about to blow out a candle.
- Inhale through your nose while blowing out to make sure you get a good stretch in the outside area of your cheeks.
- Repeat several times for extra benefit.
Jaw Release Exercises
Counteract the tension and stress you might be feeling in your jaw with this delicate yoga exercise.
- Place your index fingers below and on either side of your ears, making circles that move down towards the corners of your mouth.
- This will help relax not only the area around the jaw but also potentially alleviate any headaches.
- Repeat several times to get the best results.
This facial yoga exercise focuses on the area around your eyes as it helps reduce wrinkles and tightens the skin in that region.
- To begin, close your eyes as you contract all your eye muscles.
- Make sure you are squeezing inwards and upwards without straining yourself.
- Hold this position for three to five seconds before releasing naturally.
- Repeat this a few times for the best results.
This exercise is designed to pull up the corners of your mouth and reduce the formation of smile and laugh lines.
- To do this, begin by placing your index fingers on either side of your nose and smile, lifting the corners of your mouth towards your eyes.
- Hold this position for three to five seconds before releasing.
- Repeat three to four times for best results.
Facial yoga for chubby cheeks/ facial yoga to get chubby cheeks
Are chubby cheeks affecting your confidence? Facial yoga is a fun and simple way to help tone the facial muscles, reduce puffiness, and get rid of chubby cheeks. With just a few steps, you can learn simple exercises that can help you achieve an uplifted look.
Identify Pressure Points on the Face
- The first step in reducing chubby cheeks is to locate the pressure points on the face.
- These points will be your guide while doing facial yoga exercises.
- Common areas include between the brows, near either side of the nose, along jawlines and around cheekbones.
- Apply gentle but firm pressure as you move your index fingers, ring fingers and thumb over each area in circular or small outward motions.
- You should feel a slight tingling sensation that indicates a loosening of muscles in that area.
Try Compression Exercises
- In addition to the pressure points, there are also easy compression exercises you can do that will help reduce puffiness.
- Place your index fingers and thumbs lightly on either side of your mouth.
- Take a deep breath in, then exhale while making an “ahh” sound that comes from the back of your throat.
- Repeat this several times, noticing how the chubby cheeks feel each time before releasing the pressure.
Exercise with Facial Ball and Rollers
- For a more targeted facial workout, use ball rollers and facial balls.
- Start by using the ball roller to activate trigger points in your temples and apply gentle pressure for about 30 seconds.
- Then place the facial ball at the center of your chin and make small circles with your head from side to side, applying gentle pressure to the pod of your cheekbones.
- Continue until you feel the heat start to warm your face and release any built-up tension.
Massage and Stimulate Collagen Growth
- Massage and stimulation of the collagens in your face can give structure to sagging skin and plump up the wrinkles or double chin.
- For this, use stroking motion with medium to strong pressure with your fingers and knuckles along the sides of your cheeks, jawline, and temples.
- Make sure you move upwards towards your ears and keep riding circles around them.
- Finish by gliding over each eyebrow arch.
Apply Effective Moisturizers
- Moisturizers are also useful when it comes to reducing chubby cheeks.
- Applying moisturizers helps to rejuvenate the skin, allowing you to achieve a more youthful and smoother look.
- When applying the moisturizer, take time to rub it onto your face in gentle circular motions beginning from the center of your cheeks and working your way outwards to ensure maximum absorption.
- Leave on overnight for best results.
Facial yoga jawline/ face yoga jawline
1. Jaw Shifts
- Jaw shifts are one of the simplest facial yoga exercises that help to strengthen the jaw muscles, reduce wrinkles and enhance the natural contours of your face.
- To do this exercise, stand tall with your head facing forward. From there, move your lower jaw in an up-and-down motion for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this three times for maximum benefit.
2. Lips Curls
- Lip curls are a great facial yoga exercise for toning, not just the jawline but also the lip area as well.
- To perform this exercise, simply purse your lips together and then try to pull them away from each other until you feel a slight tension on either side of your mouth.
- Hold for 10 seconds per set and repeat three times with a short break in between each set.
3. Jaw Circles
- Jaw circles help to tone and de-stress tight muscles around our jaw which helps to give you a tighter-looking chin and neck area as well as reducing signs of ageing such as lines and wrinkles around our mouths.
- To do this exercise, imagine your face as a clock with noon being at the top of your forehead by your hairline, 6 o’clock being at the bottom of your chin or neck and 3 o’clock being at the right corner of your mouth or nose area.
- From here, slowly roll out big circles starting from 6 o’clock all along towards midnight four times before counting back down again four times from 12 to 6 o’clock once finished.
4 Neck Tilts
Neck tilts also help stretch several muscles on both sides of our neck making it appear stronger than ever before.
- This is done by standing tall with shoulders rolled back.
- Tilt left ear towards left shoulder until you feel a stretch through right side or neck before switching over to right ear on right shoulder after a few moments hold.
- Feel that full side stretching again with hands behind the head (as if placing something heavy in them).
- Then relax your hands down while still keeping your shoulders level throughout the whole movement.
- Make sure no jerky movements occur during these.
- Repetitions performed five times in each direction should provide a great effect.
5. Neck Rolls
- Neck rolls help promote smoothness on both sides of the jawline.
- Rotate chin towards left shoulder in small circles four times followed by the same number of clockwise rotations; do a few sets taking breaks between each one minute until desired results are achieved.
- Feel any tension released every time a new rotation is made around its axis – creating a sensation like a rainbow forming when looking straight ahead afterwards.
What is Facial Yoga?
Facial yoga is a natural anti-aging exercise that tones and strengthens your facial muscles, helping to erase wrinkles and bring back a youthful glow.
It consists of a series of simple yet powerful movements that target specific areas in the face, such as the eyes, cheeks, jawline, lips, forehead, and neck. Plus, facial yoga can be done anywhere in just minutes per day.
Facial yoga is an easy and natural way to take care of your facial muscles and look younger. With regular practice, you’ll start to notice results in terms of decreased wrinkles, improved muscle tone, better skin elasticity and a youthful glow! So give facial yoga a go and reclaim your beauty today.
Also Read: Creating Your Skin Care Routine with The Ordinary